Teddy Bear Fair
About the Teddy Bear Fair
You're invited to come along to The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital’s annual Teddy Bear Fair. Join us for a FREE day of fun, excitement and entertainment, and help us celebrate Buderim babies and children everywhere. There are loads of exciting activities, displays, prizes, and tours to enjoy - so bring yourself, your family and your teddy and join us for the day.
If you’re thinking about having a baby, the Teddy Bear Fair provides a great chance to find out about more about our maternity service. This is your opportunity to speak with our midwives and obstetricians and see for yourself whether The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital is for you. We have proudly helped deliver more than 13,000 babies and we’d love to help you, too.
- Teddy bear hospital - have you got an injured teddy or stuffed toy at home? We can help. We will have a fully equipped Teddy Bear Hospital there on the day ready to patch up your little buddy.
- Teddy bear picnic - if your little one and their favourite teddy friend fancy a relaxing laze around, we've got them covered!
- Petting zoo - this maternity ward of a different kind will be sure to delight your little one!
- Face painting and balloon artistry - we'll have two face painters and a balloon twister that will be sure to put a smile on the dial of all children.
- Colouring-in - Let your child’s creativity bring our teddy bears Elsa and Wilson to life and win a free family pass to SeaLife Mooloolaba! Download the colouring-in sheets below or head to our kids’ creative area on the day.
- Maternity tours - on the day why not take a tour of our specialist maternity tours? Tours will leave every half hour - come along on the day or register here so we can save you a spot!
- Market stalls - fancy taking home a baked treat or something crafty from the fair? Our hospital Auxiliary members will be there with some homemade goodies that should do the trick!
- Radio outside broadcast with the HOT 91.1FM, Dave, Sam and Ash (including a special appearance by Hot Dog)
- Kids entertainers, including Larrikin Puppets and Brett Campbell, whose performances will delight kids of all ages!
- Jamie Dunn and Agro appearance - at 9.30am Jamie Dunn and Agro will read a popular children's story (with his usual mischievous personality, of course) and then Agro and Jamie, together with the lovely Kelly Black, will get the children up and dancing and signing. If you miss their show, never fear - they will be wandering around taking selfies with the crowd until 12pm.
- Meet the doctors and midwives - in between enjoying the great activities we've got planned, there will be opportunities to speak with midwives and obstetricians about planning your maternity care (and don't forget you can book a maternity tour here).
- Games and activities with Australia Zoo - the Australia Zoo team will be there to help children make their own bird feeder and play a koala toss game!
- Kidsafe will bring car seats/capsules and will talk about tips for choosing a car seat, how to use and install it, as well as what the law is regarding car seats. Kidsafe will also provide information on taking your baby home.
- Moffat Beach Swim School will be holding demonstrations on how to bathe a baby safely as well as talking about water awareness and the risks of children being near and in water and how parents can manage that risk.
- Maleny Botanic Garden and Bird World will be roving through the crowd so you can have a close encounter with one of its spectacular macaws.
- Sparkles the Clown - See Sparkles blowing giant bubbles, make teddy bears fly on the parachute or try some circus skills in the ET Circus drop-in workshop area.
And lots more! Stay tuned for more information about other awesome activities over the coming weeks.
- Free car parking
- Food stalls
- Merchandise shop
- Breastfeeding and nappy change area
- Disability access (parking and toilets)
Planning to join us? Stay up-to-date with all the latest news by registering your interest on our event Facebook page here.
Meet Elsa and Wilson
Elsa and Wilson are twins who were born here at The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital in Buderim. They are looking forward to coming along to the Teddy Bear Fair and hope to see you there!
Elsa’s favourite colour is yellow. She likes playing in the park and singing songs. Rainbows make her happy and she likes eating fruit salad.
Her favourite person in the world is her brother, Wilson, and she wants to be a doctor when she grows up.
Elsa is most looking forward to the kids colouring in and craft area at the Teddy Bear Fair.
Wilson’s favourite colour is blue. He likes splashing in puddles and making sand castles. Wilson enjoys watching the clouds move across the sky and likes eating ham and cheese toasted sandwiches.
His favourite person in the world is his sister, Elsa, and he wants to be a paramedic when he grows up.
Wilson is most looking forward to the animal encounters at the Teddy Bear Fair.
Get your very own Elsa or Wilson teddy bear and bring them to the fair. Join us to celebrate Buderim babies and children everywhere!
On the day
The Teddy Bear Fair is open to the public from 9am till 1pm. Arrive early to make the most of your day.
Here are some tips:
- Car parking on campus is free and a courtesy bus will be in operation if you park at the nearby Maroochy Cricket Ground
- All the fun is free, but you’ll need some money if you’d like purchase any gourmet delights from the food vendors or market stalls. Do bring along some loose change if you can, as not all vendors will have EFTPOS
- The Teddy Bear Fair will be held outside, so please remember your sun safety - come prepared for beautiful sunshine, but if it rains, don’t worry, we have a wet weather plan!
- We want you to have fun while you’re here, but remember, health, safety and wellbeing on campus is everyone's responsibility
- While we all love our pets, animals are prohibited on campus so please leave your pet at home
- We may take your photo or capture video of you at the Teddy Bear Fair - by entering the event you grant us permission to do so
On the day, why not take a tour of our specialist maternity facilities?
Come and see our contemporary maternity ward first-hand, with our modern birthing suites designed to support your choice of birth, from natural birth to caesarean to water birth.
Take a look inside our private en suite rooms, each featuring double bed, air conditioning and telephone to ensure your comfort and privacy.
Chat to our midwives and nursing staff and find out all you need to know about our maternity services.
Tours will leave every half hour on the day – just let us know that you’re coming by registering here so we can save you a spot.
The Teddy Bear Fair will be held on campus at The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital at Buderim.
The event will be held close to the hospital’s main entrance so please park for free in one of the 300+ car parking spaces available on campus. We are located centrally on the Sunshine Coast, only a short drive from Mooloolaba’s beaches and the Maroochydore central business district.
Elsa Wilson Drive
We'd love to hear from you! Click here
to contact a member of our team.