The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital at Buderim’s 27-room Rehabilitation Unit offers inpatient rehabilitation for people recovering from injury, illness or surgery, with individualised treatment programs to assist patients in the following areas:
- Orthopaedic – Shoulder, arm, wrist or hand problems
- Orthopaedic – Lower limb problems, including total hip replacement, total knee replacement, and post orthopaedic fracture programs.
- Cardiac - Re-conditioning after cardiac surgery or conditions
- Neurological – Strokes, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Guillain-Barre and spinal cord injury programs.
- Multi-Trauma – For those with multiple issues caused by accident or injury
- Re-conditioning after medical or surgical procedures
The Rehabilitation Unit has been purpose-designed on ‘best practice’ principles, with specialised exercise, balance and strengthening equipment to suit the needs of each patient.
The unit has an outdoor area with artificial grass, ramps and steps so that patients can be instructed in improving their mobility in everyday conditions. The hallways are all wide and easy to navigate, making getting around on unfamiliar walker, crutches and other equipment that much easier for patients.
Patients enjoy very comfortable rooms with ensuite bathrooms, flat screen TVs and comfortable chairs. Given that rehabilitation patients often have an extended stay of several weeks in the ward, their comfort is very important.
As well as servicing the needs of patients who have had their surgical procedures within The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital, the facility is also open to those recovering from surgery at other hospitals, as well as those referred by local GPs and specialists.
What To Bring
Patients should bring loose-fitting clothes which are comfortable to exercise in, sturdy and comfortable walking shoes, as well as basic toiletries, books, reading glasses, hearing aids, their usual walking aid, ‘easy-reachers’, shoe horns and any other equipment used in day-to-day life.
Therapy sessions are scheduled at various times between 8am and 4pm. To make therapy a priority we ask that visitors should be limited during these hours.
The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital at Buderim has agreements with most private health funds and holds ‘Tier One’ provider status with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Doctors can click here for an Inpatient Rehabilitation Referral Form.