As part of UnitingCare Health and The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital’s Clinical Governance Framework, doctors across all major specialty groups formally meet on a quarterly basis to review the clinical outcomes of the hospital.
This committee critically analyses clinical results, benchmarks against other health care organisations, reviews clinical practice and advises the hospital with respect to improving patient outcomes.
The Director of Nursing is also included in this committee membership to ensure that an interdisciplinary clinical approach to review is undertaken. The hospital’s Director of Medical Services and General Manager also attend each meeting.
Membership of The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital’s Medical Advisory Committee includes:
- Dr Tony Gianduzzo, Urology
- Dr Kirsten Hoyle, Urology
- Dr Chris Martin, Psychiatry
- Dr Robert Ingham, General Practice
- Dr Nick Hutton, Anaesthesia
- Dr Ian Mackle, Intensive Care Medicine
- Dr Beverley Powell, Gynaecology
- Dr James Orford, Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Dr Samantha Hutson, Gerontologist
- Dr Justin D'Arcy, General Surgeon
- Dr Kit Wong, Cardiology (Chair)
- Mr Wallis Westbrook, General Manager
- Ms Rae Priaulx, Director of Clinical Services
Any enquiries for the Medical Advisory Committee may be directed to 5430 3260.